tap into passion (part 2)


Really thought that I lost my mojo to write.

Ideas for writing a post dried up.

It wasn’t so much that I lost my passion to write, but that I was focused on something else.

I was immersed in an interview process for the last 6 weeks.

Getting this job was all I thought about.

Today I can announce that I got a job with the YMCA and start next week.

I’ll be working in the HR department and advising on health and safety and HR matters.

I’ve always been passionate about health and safety.

I’ve had the good fortune to co-chair Joint Health and Safety Committee meetings at CCH and Combined Insurance for 11 years.  I administered workers’ compensation claims at CCH. I graduated from the Occupational Health and Safety Certificate Program at Ryerson University with an “A” average.  I adapted a CCH health and safety book that was written by an American author. I am a certified Joint Health and Safety Committee member.  Recently I subscribed to Thomson Reuters’ Canadian Safety Reporter (a monthly newsletter) so that I can keep up-to-date on health and safety matters. I look forward to networking with other health and safety professionals in the non-profit sector and learning from them. It helped that I had some experience working at another non-profit called the Ontario Society of Senior Citizens Organizations. 

It goes to show you that you just never know when an experience that you’ve had in the past may come in handy and help you to get a job in the future. All experience is valuable.

I read a LinkedIn update today by Jacob Morgan who is a futurist. You can see Mr. Morgan's update in my "All Activity" feed.

Mr. Morgan suggested that it’s best to bring your passion to work (and do the best job that you can) rather than to follow your passion (in finding work). 

I will bring my passion to work, but I will also follow my passion. 

I will follow my passion in building relationships and continuing to keep in touch with friends by messaging or meeting up.  I will also follow my passion in being curious and continuing to attend HR meet-ups and networking events.  

When you’re looking for a job it’s important to surround yourself with a board of advisors who will support you in your job search.  I am thankful for my family and friends who supported me. They were always available when I updated them about my interview journey with the YMCA.

I look forward to working at the YMCA and to bringing my passion to work every day.


Also Published on LinkedIn on: September 22, 2017
Image Credit:  Pixabay      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch

Compound Interest (And Not the Financial Kind)

Voice