Revelation


I’ve been thinking about “relationship building” lately.

Relationship building is my best strength.

I changed my LinkedIn headline to reflect this belief.  

This is my new headline:

“HR Professional | Relationship Builder | Respect, Curiosity & Kindness are a way of life for me.”

Yesterday I had a conversation with someone who happened to be a Life Coach.

I mentioned to her that I don’t think that relationship building is valued by employers.

She begged to differ.

Later during the same day I came across a LinkedIn post by Joe D’Cruz.

“Every interaction is never a waste! What do you look for in every interaction?”

The relationship builder in me thought this was an intriguing and provocative question.

I commented on this post and said:

“Joe, I look to cultivate a relationship with every interaction!”

To which he kindly said:

“Looking forward to know you more :)”
You may be wondering how you might cultivate a relationship with someone you meet in a grocery line.

Granted the conversational exchange might just be one-off.

But what happens if you bump into the same person a second time or a third time at the grocery store?

By the third time I might say something like “Hey, we gotta stop meeting like this!”

For someone I already know, every interaction is a chance to get to know a person better.

Trust develops over time with every interaction.

I like to think that I’m a relationship builder.

Joe’s update prompted me to put into words what I think relationship building means.

“I look to cultivate a relationship with every interaction.”

Thanks Joe for your LinkedIn update!


I sent him a LinkedIn invitation.


Also Published on LinkedIn on: June 14, 2017
Image Credit:  Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch

Compound Interest (And Not the Financial Kind)

Voice