Nudge (Part 3)



I had an a-ha moment this week.

I realized something about myself that I like stories. I like to tell stories and I like to learn something about people through the stories they tell.   

I am preparing to facilitate a Job Search workshop on March 6 & 13, 2017.

I am going to tell participants that they can differentiate themselves in their job search if they were to tell their stories.

Everyone has a story and an interesting story to tell. 

I thought to myself that I could advise other people, but I should take my own advice and tell my own story.

I gave myself a major nudge.

And I went ahead and changed my LI Headline and Summary.

The concept of “connection” is important to me.

I’ve always felt that I excel in connecting with people. I listen deeply to people and care what they have to say. I connect emotionally with people through my LinkedIn posts. 

I can bring my ability to connect to a workplace where an employer wants their employees to feel more connected to the workplace.

Here is my new LinkedIn Headline:

HR Professional | I help employers connect with their employees | Feeling connected is key

Here is my new LinkedIn Summary:

I was at a networking event the other day where food was being served in one room and chairs were arranged in rows and columns in the other. I gravitated towards where the food was being served. I looked around and noticed that people were gathered in groups of 2’s, 3’s and 4’s and deep in conversation. I thought to myself that I can’t insinuate myself in any of these conversations and so I retreated to the other room. I sat alone in one of the chairs. There was one other person in the room. The other person broke the ice and said “hi.” I said as if it was an admission of guilt that the other room was noisy and that I couldn’t seem to get into any conversations. And that began an interesting conversation.

I love being a little different, perhaps you can say disruptive by beginning my LI Summary with a story.

I am on the introverted side but I connect naturally with people.  

I write stories about personal experiences that connect with readers on LinkedIn.

I connect with people when we meet face-to-face. I give people my undivided attention. I listen. I respond. I ask questions. I smile (a lot). 

I can help employers if they would like their employees to feel connected to the workplace.

I feel connected to Job Seekers. I’ve been a Recruiter. I’ve been a Job Seeker. I can help Job Seekers be their best selves during a job search.

I would love to work in a workplace where they would love to inject a little more humanity.

I read somewhere that people know to be civil to each other in society, but as soon as they enter a workplace, all hell breaks loose, and some people take on an uncivil persona. 

It would help if all people were civil both inside and outside a workplace.

It would also help if workplaces were to become more diverse, and since I work at a non-profit that serves seniors and I’ve become more aware, I wish that workplaces were to become more multi-generational.

Everyone loses when there is a lack of diversity.

Also Published on LinkedIn on: March 3, 2017
Image Credit: Pixabay

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch

Compound Interest (And Not the Financial Kind)

Voice