Connection


We connect with people on LinkedIn all the time.

But to me not all connections feel like a "real" connection.

I suppose there has to be an emotional underpinning in order to feel connected with someone.

In my posts I’m open with my emotions, and I suppose that the emotions expressed in these posts are connecting with some people.     

I read certain people’s posts and it connects with me on an emotional level or I sense we share a similar worldview.   Sometimes I even ask to connect with that person on LinkedIn because I feel connected to that person in the words that they used.    

To help connect with people on a deeper level, I go to one-on-one networking coffee meetings.  What I take away from these meetings is a shared experience where we got to know each other a little better in the moment.  I can honestly say that I enjoyed each and every networking coffee meeting that I’ve been to in the last few years!  I welcome the opportunity for future coffee meetings where we create another shared experience in the moment. 

What do I mean by “connecting with people on a deeper level”?  That could mean telling stories about our lives to each other thereby revealing what our interests are to one another.   
     
I recently came across a song by Aiko Tomi (formerly Moulann) called “Reasons.”  Ms. Tomi is an emerging Toronto recording artist who is scheduled to appear in concert at Toronto City Hall on August 18, 2016.  More details about this concert can be found here.   

We all take away different things from a song.  This song is probably about a romantic relationship. 

I connect to this song for it speaks to me about how I sometimes feel during this transition.  You can listen to the song here.  (Song Lyrics Credit:  Aiko Tomi)

"It’s another morning of the same routine…
We’ve all got our reasons to keep on going
Our reasons to take it all in stride
There are reasons to keep love flowing
And reasons to put our pride aside"

Originally Published on LinkedIn:  July 10, 2016
Image Credit:  Pixabay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch

Compound Interest (And Not the Financial Kind)

Voice