Stronger (What Doesn't Kill You)



Strange to say, but being a Job Seeker In Transition does have its benefits.

For example,  being a Job Seeker allows you time to reflect. 

I am a Human Resources Professional, and so it’s not too much of a stretch in imagination to think that I might find myself working as a Recruiter at a company that wants to disrupt its recruitment processes. 

If I were working as a Recruiter, I’d focus on engaging with candidates.

Recruiter Contact.  I think it would be helpful if I could have my name attached to the employer’s web site either in the Contact Us or Careers section.  As much as I’d want to promote the employer brand, job seekers want someone to connect with at an organization to have an initial conversation. 

Job Fairs.  I would be happy to promote the employer brand and talk to all Job Seekers who drop in to the booth.  After all there may not be a position at my company for a particular Job Seeker, but the Job Seeker may know someone who is qualified for one of our openings, or the Job Seeker themselves might be a potential customer of the company’s.

LinkedIn.  I would support colleagues who want to join LinkedIn and to post a profile.    These colleagues of mine could become evangelists for the company.  In particular if Job Seekers want to get the “low-down” of what it’s like to work for the company, they could contact one of these employee evangelists.  And, may I remind colleagues that posting a photo on their profile would be very beneficial!

Recruitment Video.  A recruitment video is helpful for Job Seekers to get a sense of the company culture.  As well, it’s helpful to include on the employer web site, information about the benefits and perks of working at the company. The more information that we can impart to Job Seekers on the web site, the better!

Being a Job Seeker changes you.  For me,  I am humbled by the experience.  If I were to find a job tomorrow, I’d always feel like a member of the Job Seeker community. 

As Job Seekers, we should never give up on our job search. 

We can take solace in Kelly Clarkson’s song “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” – our job search may seem challenging now, but we’re stronger for the experience! 




Originally Published on LinkedIn:  December 21, 2015
Image Credit: iStock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch

Compound Interest (And Not the Financial Kind)

Voice