Pearls of Wisdom


Every day I say some quotes to myself that I find affirming.
Maybe you might like some of these quotes as well!
1.        Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)
“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long difficult words, but rather short easy words like “What about lunch?” - A.A. Milne
I think of one of my friends in particular who is very unpretentious and easy-going. I aspire to be like him.
2.        Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)
“You can’t stay in your corner of the forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.” - A. A. Milne
Sometimes you just have to take the initiative. Is there a friend who you haven’t seen in awhile? If so, invite them out to a coffee!
3.        Winnie the Pooh (A.A. Milne)
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” - A.A. Milne
I know that as a job seeker, I felt that I lost my way. Maybe this quote will give all job seekers a boost of confidence.     
4.        Dr. Seuss
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.” - Dr. Seuss
I think that being authentic is the way to go.
5.       Dr. Seuss
“Why fit in when you were born to stand out.” - Dr. Seuss
Again, being authentic is the way to go.
6.        Dr. Seuss
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” - Dr. Seuss
Continuous learning is key. We can learn a lot from reading!
7.       Dr. Seuss
“You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” - Dr. Seuss
We can choose our attitude.
A.A. Milne and Dr. Seuss wrote children’s books; however, I didn’t read either of these authors as a child. I’ve only recently been reading and mulling over their quotes. I suppose you can say that both these authors’ works are timeless!
I never think it’s a good idea to be who you think others expect you or want you to be. Being yourself is the best way to go.
“Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.” - Oscar Wilde
Happy New Year Everyone!   

Originally Published on LinkedIn:  December 26, 2016
Image Credit:  Pixabay


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Launch

Compound Interest (And Not the Financial Kind)

Voice